Saturday, June 20, 2009

World Rhythms with Tony Vacca




New gash update! Steri-strips are getting very dirty.....the middle one is almost ready to fall off. It itches less with each day.....but all the tape glue and hospital antiseptic stains on my skin are still there. I guess they are supposed to eventually wear off.......but ewwwwww. Can you believe how far up the side of my thigh/ass this thing goes??? It's like a freakshow.


Tony performed last night at the "peace night" held by my daughter's favorite teacher of all time, Fred Goldberg. Tony Vacca is a percussionist and performs all over the world...he is AMAZING. I was really taken aback because I did not expect to enjoy my evening so much considering how conservative I am and all this crunchy peace talk makes me shiver. It's not that I don't want world peace...we all do. It's just that we were peaceful until along came the terrorists who don't like us for who we are. There is no peaceful way to deal with that. Ok, I'm starting to go off on one of my pro-Bush rants...with that said, this night was more about helping kids in Kenya learn and create communication between our kids and their kids. It was a very entertaining evening and my daughter's speech (the only kid to get up there and talk) was tearjerking. She told everyone in the room how Mr. Goldberg helped to make her the confident person she is today and taught her how to speak her mind. Conservative or liberal...he taught her to have a voice. I'm feeling pretty good today.....still on meds because of the muscle pain that is up and down my thigh. It takes awhile to train the muscles to work correctly. Going to watch the U.S. Open golf today.....go Mickelson!

No comments:

Post a Comment