Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A good day.....

I got to leave the house today! My first ride in the car since my ride home from the hospital 11 days ago. I watched my 7 year old Mitchie play in his last Little League game while I sat in the front seat of my parents car. My father parked in such a way that I could clearly see the field. I'm not quite sure how the town busy body found me...but she did and wanted to know everything. I clearly did not want to be seen, but when you go out in public...you have to be prepared for the worst.

I had PT this morning and she said I'm progressing well. I asked her if I am where I am supposed to be and she said I was. Being that I couldn't walk without crutches even if I wanted to......it seems light years away from getting back to normalcy. She assured me all was on course and it takes time. The visiting nurse came for her last visit today unless something comes up. She checked the incision and told me how to handle my brutal constipation (this is the reality when you are taking opiates). I had to drink magnesium citrate which is like the most tart soda you could ever drink. 1/2 bottle of that and you will be on the pot within 30 minutes......guaranteed! LOL. Being that it was successful in the end......I was so relieved and felt like a new person. Another day.......but I am starting to feel better and I can now really feel the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment