Thursday, June 11, 2009



My hip on the second day home.........the lines vertical are just a little old brown blood, not staples. I have outer steri strips and inner disolvable sutures. There is a rather large bruise right near my bum. I'll keep posting pics with my progress. My pain has lessened a bit, but it is still difficult to get up and down. Getting up from bed is the hardest part! My parents, kids and husband Dave have all been huge supporters and worry about my needs. I have had to miss some important events that my kids have been in, but they understand. They are, however......mortified by this incision. Maddie told me it looks like it came straight out of a horror movie....LOL. Frankenstein's bride.

I knew coming home wouldn't be easy. Even though I am not doing laundry, watching the kids or making meals........my kids still require attention from me. They all want to lay in my bed which is downstairs and Mitchell even jumped on me by accident and hurt my leg....it twisted a little. Nothing serious....but this is what to expect when you have a house full of kids and family. Once I am able to walk better, I plan to sleep upstairs in my bedroom alone with no one to bother me. I am still getting up 3-4 times per night for some reason. I don't know if it's the meds, the anxiety or just a weird time clock my body has adjusted to with all the cat naps I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment