Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Filet 'O Thigh



Right after surgery in my new room........a little morphined up. I think this photo is as nasty as I felt that day.





WARNING GRAPHIC AND GROSS!!!!!!

Sorry......but I just had to post my battle wound. It is over 13 inches long and is sealed with surgical strips, not staples. My doctor chose to NOT have minimally invasive total hip replacement surgery because of my complicated hip....so it's way bigger than I imagined. This is the side view of my left hip while laying in the hospital bed this morning. Yeah, I got to leave the hospital today....June 9, 2009 :) The surgery was a success!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is one massive scar! I'm having a THR soon - no date yet - but within the next month or so... I wonder if mine will be that big too!

    So glad you're out of hospital now!

    xo Denise from Hipwomen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise~
    It's HUGE. I never expected it, but I was told it was necessary in my case. My mom's is only 5 inches long and healed quickly. I think they take it case by case in terms of length. Don't be too scared by it! It really doesn't hurt as bad as you think. Good luck with your THR and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete