Monday, June 15, 2009

"The Daily Gash"...back by popular demand!



If you are thoroughly grossed out by my daily incisional shots.....it might be wise not to follow my blog. It's hard to see how well it's healed with the steri-strips still attached. They will stay there until they are ready to come off themselves....which can be many weeks. I can see how well the scab is forming though and that is a good thing. I have no redness at the incision and it hurts less each day! I took a shower today on my trusty (I hope) bath stool. It's actually fun to sit and take a shower....I wish I'd thought of this before! It is scary though as I am always thinking I will slip in there. Usually my Mom helps me with this whole operation of getting undressed and getting in and out of the tub shower. I feel like a new woman when I get out! So refreshed. Who knew taking a shower would be so exciting? I am getting cabin fever like you read about. I haven't left the house since I got home last Tuesday. I did walk up and down my brick pathway outside, but it's rained pretty much every day, so I can't go out there if it's wet.


This is how I put my socks and/or anti-blood clotting tights on (not sure of the medical term, but they are basically there to keep the blood from pooling up inside my leg). Now I am officially a granny......sock helper stick and all!!!!! LOL. I cannot wait for all this to be behind me!



1 comment: