Friday, May 22, 2009

Vermont here we come...

off to Vermont for the weekend where we have a lakehouse. The kids couldn't be more excited and it's my last trip before the surgery....so I'm just going to have fun and try not to think about it. I did hear some good news today......Maddie is officially a Rev LAX player (yeah....she had to try out and not many make it). She will be traveling with her teammates all over the place. I can't believe how far she's come.....I'm a proud Mama.

I also talked to my discharge nurse today. We chatted for over an hour and we both know my good friend Dr. Appleton in Boston (small world...she worked with him a few years ago). He's the dr. (and friend) who advised me to go to Dr. Burke in the first place. She made me feel so great. Mass Gen is taking care of everything! I will only be in the hospital 3-4 days and all the kids can come and visit anytime. They are arranging a home healthcare person to come to my house several times a week for the first month. Yeah! I was worried I'd have to go to a rehab place. I also found out that I may be able to have regional anesthesia which would be a spinal. I wouldn't feel anything (just like in my 4 c-sections) and I'd be a fuzzy state of mind. How cool is that? I hated the idea of actually going to sleep (and not waking up). So, this is safer and I feel better about it. I'll write about my trip to VT later.......probably won't be blogging this weekend...so have a great long weekend and remember all those that died for our country so we could be free and thus blog whatever we want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment