Saturday, May 16, 2009

2 chairs...

That is what I needed at my daughter Madison's play last night........one to sit on and one to stretch my leg out on. How sad is that? I couldn't sit comfortably for 2 hours in that plastic crappy chair (you know the kind you sit on in the cafeteria in HS?). So, I just took another chair, put it in front of me...took my shoes off and stretched out for a comfy evening. I got quite a few stares to the say the least. One in particular from the principal.....I think had I been any younger, he would have come over and scolded me. The thing is...I could've cared less what anyone thought. Years ago, that would've bothered me. Hell with it....I'm getting my new hip in 20 days! I'm going to be using a walker...I better get used to stares.

Today...I took a couple of the kids to the mall. I really, really wanted to keep up with them. I wanted to go to all my old stores but I told Maddie that I was going to park in the closest handicap spot available and we would shop only the stores directly in front of it. Well, I got roped into walking the whole mall. She just HAD to go to Delia's and Hollister. Of course...what did I expect from that venture. As I hobbled to and fro, I realized it would probably be my last trip to the mall before my surgery. Everything is about the surgery date. I always think ..."this is the last time that I will ________ before my surgery" and then I get all depressed. Boo hoo. Gotta run...going to Maddie's 2nd night of her play and once again the use of 2 more chairs....maybe I'll even bring a seat cushion! Now that might be a little embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment