Wednesday, May 27, 2009

9 days.....

Holy large crap.............9 days until I am operated on............HELP ME!!!!! LOL. Actually, I am fine. I have been thinking about this day for 2 years. I found out I can have regional anesthesia...so I am less stressed about it. That means...I can be awake (sort of) and not have any clue as to what is happening around me. I asked the doctor if I'll be able to hear the "saw" and he just laughed. He said I won't even know or remember a thing. I'm not really sure he answered my question, but I just hope they get it right with the meds. I've had 4 c-sections (spinals) and arthoscopic surgery (general for that)........you'd think this would not be such a big deal to me....but I always think the worst. I am trying to go to my "happy place" right now and I'm not getting there...lol.

Gots to go now!

3 comments:

  1. Do NOT always think the worst. Think the best, for that becomes the lens you view the world through. I know, sometimes much easier said than done, but when I am able to apply it, I know it really does make everything happier and smoother. Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. with your anesthesia they will give you a drug named versed that will make sure you don't remember anything. i hope you get some great nurses - that will make all the difference. it's normal and good to have some anxiety regarding major surgery, just remember that this is a surgery they do regularly...i've had 3 surgeries and i just finished my first semester of my RN program. take care, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your inspirational words! It's wonderful to hear encouraging words and wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete