Friday, May 15, 2009

home again...

with sick kids that is. I have been taking this rare opportunity to update my blog and my photography shop. 21 days until my hip replacement. I feel like my death sentence is coming up.......I am literally counting down by hours. I have been trying to find every avenue to keep my mind busy and thinking about anything except my hip. Unfortunately, with every step I take I can physically feel the pain and then all those thoughts just come rushing back into my head.

I played collegiate tennis......and all my life I always thought I was invincible. Even when I gave birth to my children, I never thought that something bad could happen to me. I thought about my children and their health, but I never thought about ME. My biggest fear is not making it alive out of this surgery. I am worried I'll never walk again. These fears are unfounded based on the statistics and my age, but I have them nonetheless. I just want to be there for my kids and act young (I don't want to have the hip of an 80 year old woman)! When I get my new hip and I can take a long walk around my lake (in Vermont)....pain free....that is the day I will feel complete again.

I guess it helps me to write about my feelings because I feel a little better right now. No one discusses the depression you get BEFORE surgery. My anxiety is through the roof about this. I may put on a happy face and act like it's no big deal, but it's huge. I have never felt so helpless and so alone. Nothing anyone says to me is going to change that. Please let June 5th get here soon...............I just want it over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment