Thursday, July 23, 2009

X-Ray Magic!




Tah-dah! Pretty cool, huh? I am now "officially" the bionic woman. The dr. said it looked perfect and all was well at my 6 week follow-up appt. in Boston on Tuesday. I have graduated to a cane now (lovely)....for 4 more weeks to get rid of my limp. A limp is fairly normal after hip surgery and it usally painless and will just go away in 3 months or so. I need to build up my hip muscles to make it remember how to walk normally again and have the strength to do it. I start outpatient PT today. I found a great place a few miles from home and will be doing that 2x per week for the next month or so. Maybe some pool therapy after that. I don't have to go back to Dr. Burke until next year! Yippee!


I'm home now from Vermont for a few weeks now and have been busy carting the kids off to camps. My computer died 2 days ago and Dell came out and replaced my mother board and hard drive the next day (way to go Dell...with all my original programs pre-loaded on). My computer works better than before.......but my old hard drive may be junk and I may be unable to retrieve many of my photos from the past 12 months :( I am having it analyzed now and will know soon what I need to do or pay to get it back.........it's always something!

No comments:

Post a Comment