Wednesday, July 15, 2009

almost over :(



I am in good spirits and getting better each day! Here I am at my cottage in Vermont :)


I'm still here in beautiful but (rainy and cold lately) Vermont.....and my mini-vacation recoup time is almost up. We are leaving Sunday afternoon. My parents were wonderful to make all my meals and care for my children. They haven't asked for a thing in return. I am trying to think of something they would appreciate from us since they would probably not accept money. I think our leaving is due time and we've outstayed our welcome...that might be gift enough for them....LOL. I am grateful to my parents and husband, my doctor, my kids, .......everyone who has been there for me through this very unique and difficult period in my life. Every day is better than the next! My incision is completely healed and only a pink long line exists. I am limping less each day and can walk further each day. I am amazed that I don't even have an ounce of pain! This is WAY better than I expected to be in such a short time (6 weeks). It is still hard to imagine being able to go back to work in September.....but in one month, I know things will be just that much better.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! Glad to hear you are doing so well. Oh I used to take days without pain for granted. Now it's remarkable when I don't feel my hip. I have an appointment Monday with a doc who does PAOs. So we will see. I am not sold on it and my husband is definitely not. I would prefer not to have hip dysplasia actually. I am exploring options. Thanks for your previous response to my earlier post- I can use all the support I can get.

    ReplyDelete