Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my new mode of transportation....








the cane! Mine even has green plaid, so I am really cool....lol. The hip scar is coming along nicely. I have this awesome PT who is at Live Free Physical Therapy in Groton, MA. She gave me a soft tissue massage to decrease the scar tissue under the incision and help with the elasticity of the skin and movement. I will probably be going about 2x per week for the next couple of months. I still walk with a limp but it is not as noticable. I'm battling allergies now which I never had before in my life.........not sure where they are coming from. I wake up stuffed up and then it drains into my chest and sits there all day. Not fun. I am hoping it's due to all the nasty rainy days with pollen & mold. My biggest fear is that I am allergic to my new titanium hip which would really SUCK. They say that is not at all likely, but with me........anything is possible.

Just found out I will be working less hours in the Fall :( This is due to lower enrollment than expected. I still will teach the PM class and I start teaching art classes at the school as a side job, so I think in the end...I won't be losing out too much. This economy is affecting everyone....I'm just starting to feel the ripples.

While I'm here though...........since it is MY blog and some people don't like that I express my opinions on politics....I just want to say that I am very happy that the Cambridge police officer accused by Obama as acting "stupidly" is getting his revenge. Obama should have recused himself from opening his trap on that issue. Racial profiling? We have a black governor here in Mass and a black president in the U.S. Something tells me the country is not very prejudiced anymore. I am so tired of listening to the ranting of black leaders telling us that they don't have equal rights. I wasn't a part of slavery or injustice. Neither are my parents. Stop the whining and move on. I think the white police officer ought to tell Obama to take the beer he offered him and shove it up his *&%$#. Got that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment