Sunday, July 18, 2010

Updates.......it's been awhile!




I cannot believe over a year has passed since my life changing operation.......my left THR. I actually FORGET that I ever had it done! The only time I remember I had a hip replacement is when (for example).....I accidentally slip and then I go into my protective mode and land on another another body part to avoid hurting that hip. The large bruise on my right arm I got from slipping on my motorboat's seat (chasing my 8 year old Mitchell who was taunting me as usual)...LOL. So..........yes, I am thrilled I am over the big hump and getting back to a normal life without the word "hip" being a daily/hourly/every minute thought in my mind.




Good and bad news....................the bad news first.....i got laid off from my preschool teaching position due to low enrollement :( Good news.............after sending out over 40 teaching resumes.................I got an interview and got the job for a head preschool teacher in a public school near Stoneham, MA! So.......twice as much money.........but the commute will be a bitch!!!!!! Over an hour each way (traffic in....no traffic home)......but, the good news.........I was chosen out of hundreds of applicants, so I can't complain.




We spent a week in Barnstable, MA on Cape Cod. Had fun.......lots of swimming, clamming and eating lobster. See pic of the view from our house above. Then, we headed to my lakehouse in Vermont and my best friend Debby flew up to visit for 4 days..........she's like my twin (born the same day, same hospital as me.......think the same thoughts). Went to the Cabot, VT cheese/dairy factory, laughed alot, swam and had a great time. I'll try to post more later......got to go pick up my daughter Maddie now who was just playing lacrosse in Maryland at the Club Championships. ....



1 comment:

  1. So good to hear you are doing great! I'm headed to kick boxing this morning so I guess that says it all! Sending you xo, Jen

    ReplyDelete