Saturday, October 24, 2009

hip update........

I haven't posted in quite sometime....and I apologize for not updating those hip friends of mine. For those weary of THR ......... as I was.....in the end, it's the best thing you can do for yourself if you have neverending hip pain. I am now out of physical therapy 3 weeks! I worked DAMN hard and am proud of it too. I have been completely pain-free for over a month and half. It's as if a fairy came down....waved her magic wand and everything was better. I have no limp and my scar is fading. It's still long and very apparent, but that will always be.

My journey has just begun.........while I hope for the best and that my new hip will last a lifetime, I have to be realistic that many things can happen over time. It may wear out or I may fall and hurt myself. For now, all is well and I do not think of my hip often. I am not reminded with each step that something is wrong. I walk like I did when I was a kid...............and that is truly a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lulu! So glad to hear you are doing fantastic. You have been on my mind this fall as one of the amazing people I met this year in my search for freedom from hip pain. You are such a generous soul and I will be forever gratful for all your blogs of support. I am doing great too, ended up being psoas tendonitis a common ailment post THR, weird since I only had the scope surgery, must have been enough! I have been going to hot room yoga 3x a week for 4 months and am feeling great and pain free. Thanks again for being out there in this marvelous universe and taking a stand. With lots of love, Jen Beichner

    ReplyDelete